Monday 23 November 2009

1. What practical skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Practical skills i believe







2. What approaches to/methods of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Methods of problem solving which i have learned works best for myself are brainstorming and having group crits which help me a lot when expressing my ideas and thoughts and talking them through with other members of the group also then you can decide whether the ideas would or wouldn't work!






3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
My strengths which I have found during the OUGD101 module are I have tried my best and used the materials that I had to make the best out of my work.








4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
My weaknesses in this module have been more apparent than ever! I am not fully satisfied with my final product as i have not got the skills on the adobe programs and are inexperienced in the digital print room. Therefore have had to work within the programs that I know to make the best out of what i had.







5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Time management~ From this I will gain a better upper hand on keeping on top of the heavy workload.


2.Practice on the adobe programs~ familiarising myself with these programs will make my work more profressional in the future and can speed up my work proccess.


3.Organised~ organising my sheets will ensure i get things done in time and therefore lengthen the time I will have on the current projects rather than back tracking.


4.Blogging~ blog everyday then my annotation will be thorough and in depth.

5.Use library~ go into library for artist research rather than soley rely on internet references. Gain familiar referencing and expands knowledge of artists.


Are there any things we could have done differently that would have benefitted your progress?

More induction time in the digital print room as I have never used this facility and still feel uncomfortable doing this almost under pressure if I book time I need to know what and how to print! I little more help when given the brief maybe how to go about doing it meaning the technical side of things as I am more of a hand rendered person not computerised.












6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



4

Punctuality




5
Motivation



4

Commitment



4

Quantity of work produced



4

Quality of work produced


3


Contribution to the group




5
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment