Thursday 10 May 2012

-After my design strategy presentation I feel like im going on track and want to pursue my career I have decided that I want to gain experience in a range of studios when I leave and also lend a hand to do some freelance. I dont really like the idea of working a 9-5 yet I think this could change over time! I really want to get that buzzz back and enjoyment from what I do being an illustrator is really fun yet I see it unreliable as a career move therefore will pursue this just as freelance and more of a hobby I think. I love being involved in things such as book fairs exhibitions and shows so would do these in my free time to ensure my illustration skills are only getter better.


-Staying in Leeds in something which I am going to do I enjoy the city and have a rough idea of creative things that go on in the city I am currently building up contacts and have been asked by a bar to design there window display which is really exciting and that came off the back of expressing my interest in a new bar downsatairs where I went to and exhibition of my favourite illustrators work.


_ Seeing victoria Toppings work at the Garage Leeds really inspried me to think on a big scale going from screen based work sat in my bedroom to being surrounding by a creative vibe in a club is really inspirational and gave me an idea of where I could be in a few years time. 


-Realising things arnt just given to you I need to build up contacts and some form of presence within Leeds people need to know who i am what i do and more importantly how i can help them! 
*WHAT TO DO:
BUSINESS CARDS I HAVE AN INK STAMP WHICH IS REALLY HANDY WHEN ON THE MOVE AND CAN DECIDE WHICH COLOURS TO USE IT REFLECTS A FUN FEELING IN MY WORK AND PRINT PROCESSES HAND ON FEEL. 
I ALSO HAVE A WAX STAMP WHICH I LOVE!!! YET TIME RESTRAINTS IS AN ISSUE THESE BUSINESS CARDS LOOK FAR MORE PROFESSIONAL AND ALSO HAVE THE PERSONALITY TOUCH I WILL USE THESE FOR MORE GRAHIC DESIGN BASED JOBS AND HIGHER END COMPANIES RATHER THAN DAY TO DAY.
ONLINE PRESENCE  I HAVE A DOMAIN NAME AND BEEN OKAYED BY CARGO TO PUT MY WORK ON THEIR SITE YET HAVENT GOT ROUNDTO RE PHOTOGRAPHING ALL MY WORK YET TO PLACE ONTO THE SITE
MAIL OUTS  NOW I  HAVE MY WAX STAMP I WANT TO CREATE A FULL STATIONARY RANGE WHICH HAS A NICE MIXTURE OF ILLUSTRATION AND GRAPHIC DESIGN PROFESSIONALISM SOMETHING THAT POSSIBLY HAS A ILLUSTRATION IVE MADE YET FOIL BLOCK IT SO IT HAS A GRAPHIC QUALITY.
SAMPLES OF WORK I HAVE A PDF YET THE PHOTOGRAPHY ISNT VERY STRONG AND THIS NEED ADJUSTING ]
TWITTER USED ON A PROFESSIONAL BASIS TO SEE WHATS ON IN THE AREA AND FOLLOW DESIGN AGANICIES

No comments:

Post a Comment